- Cats may react to the plant by rolling around, flipping over, and generally being hyperactive.
- About 50 percent of cats seem to be affected by catnip, and the behavior that results varies widely between individuals, and it is believed to be an inherited sensitivity.
- And if your cat does have the sensitivity, it will not emerge until your cat is several months old, young kittens are not affected by the chemicals in the plant.
- Cats may rub against and chew on catnip to bruise the leaves and stems, which then release more nepetalactone.
- Catnip is safe for cats. If they eat a lot, they may vomit and have diarrhea, but will return to normal given time (and no more catnip). SOURCE: http://www.petmd.com/blogs/thedailyvet/jcoates/2011/june/cats_and_catnip-does_it_really_get_them_high_and_why-112
The durable corrugate helps condition front and back claws. ItÍs the perfect size for your cat to hug and roll, and the fuzzy tail is great to bat and chase.
Tractive Motion is an Activity Monitor for your pets indoors and outdoors, tracks your pet’s activity 24 hours a day and it not only gathers information about your pets movements, it includes several great sensors to collect other data. The tracker works for dogs and cats.
Let your pet graduate from Sleepyhead to Couchpotatoe! while measuring their progress with the Tractive motion. Easiest way to get your pet healthy always. With urban pet problems on the rise, (pet obesity, diabetes, kidney problems) the Tractive Motion is a great way to make sure your pet is getting the activity they need.
Oliver’s Tip: An active pet is a healthy pet.
Squeaky Dice is not a Sunday afternoon toy! This colourful dice is as durable as it is attractive.
With a floor area diameter of 31 cm post diameter 7 cm and height of 50 cm this scratching post is perfect for urban cats who may have to be indoors in for long periods. Give them the opportunity to scratch, claw and play with the closest thing to natural bark. Available in varied colours.