5 Reasons our Pets are Obese
Why are our pets falling prey to obesity?
Let’s call them round pets! Let’s be politically correct and not call them fat or obese! So, about that round pet in your house- they’re at risk of all the same diseases that humans are when they’re overweight (rounder than they need to be)
- As we lead more hectic lives, our four legged tail wagging family members are quietly adding on the pounds. Don’t get caught off guard when you realise one day, that while you were busy playing on the weekends or at the end of the day with your pet he/she has become a round pet.
- Dog walkers who seldom walk your pet! Many a dog walker will walk down the road with your pet, sit on the pavement, chat with their friends and head back home after a respectable period of time. The same for household help that walk our pets. Find a responsible dog walker and stick with them!
- Not enough exercise, take your pets to the nearest park, play area, or open area you can find for them to run about. Let them run free for a few hours a day and watch the difference in their attitude, they’ll be happier and healthier.
- Over feeding them, understand the specific needs for your dog breed, and of course each dog is an individual, so they will have specific needs. But over feeding your dog does not mean you love them, they’ll be happier if you spend more time with them. Don’t compensate for lack of time spent with an extra treat.
- Driving them around. Walk with them, walk with them as much as you can as far as you can.